The first live prime of the final stage of Arab Idol can be described as fine, no actually, very fine compared to the many mistakes encountered in the previous stages; Finally a notable progress, after the production team of this talent show gave a listing ear and sharp eye to all the comments flying around the Arab version of American Idol.
The famous Tunisian star Saber Al Ribai joined the candidates one day before the live prime, where he was a big brother to the future stars, gave them tips and notes, and made sure they make good use of his long singing career that has been booming non-stop for the past ten years.
And about the candidates, they sang the following songs:
- Yehya Yaaob/Egypt/ "Ghareba Al Nas"
- Mohammad Alwan/Iraq/ "Bahlam Beek"
- Ghofran FtohyTunisia/ "Gharaan"
- Donya Batma/Morocco/ "Yom Leek"
- Sherine Al Lajmi/Tunisia/ "Ghayyaroni Ebn EL Am"
- Youssef Arafat/ Jordan/ Abkary
- Mohammad Taher/KSA/ "Darb Al Mahabba"
- Nadia Al Manfoukh/ Syria/ "Awwal Ashra Mahboubi"
- Carmen Soleiman/Egypt/ "Ana Bentetharak Mallet"
About the judges, all we can say that they were sweet and easy going with most of the candidates, since now they do not control the results anymore. They only have the "SAVE" card which they can use only once to save one very good contestant. Still, the harsh comments were given to Sherine Al Lajmi, where the three judges agreed that she picked the wrong song, and thus her performance was not wall absorbed by them; Sherine we all think you can do much better than this!
Our question for the judges here: Shouldn’t you be assisting the candidates in picking their songs, and in monitoring the rehearsals at the same time, rather than just telling them "You picked the wrong song" live on air?